Table of Contents
Note: This is legacy API call. It is recommended to use 32-bit equivalent
This call reads a string of character-attribute pairs (cells) from the screen, starting at the specified location.
VioReadCellStr (CellStr, Length, Row, Column, VioHandle)
- CellStr (PCH) - output : Address of the buffer where the cell string is returned.
- Length (PUSHORT) - input/output : Address of the buffer length in bytes. Length must take into account that each character-attribute(s) entry in the buffer is 2 or 4 bytes. If the length of the buffer is not sufficient, the last entry is not complete.
- Row (USHORT) - input : Starting row of the field to read, 0 is the top row.
- Column (USHORT) - input : Starting column of the field to read, 0 is the leftmost column.
- VioHandle (HVIO) - input : This must be zero unless the caller is a Presentation Manager application, in which case it must be the value returned by VioGetPs.
If a string read comes to the end of the line and is not complete, the string read continues at the beginning of the next line. If the read comes to the end of the screen and is not complete, the read terminates and the length is set to the length of the buffer that was filled.
VioReadCellStr reads a string of character/attributes (or cells) from the Advanced VIO presentation space starting at the specified location.
#define INCL_VIO USHORT rc = VioReadCellStr(CellStr, Length, Row, Column, VioHandle); PCH CellStr; /* Cell string buffer */ PUSHORT Length; /* Length of cell string buffer */ USHORT Row; /* Starting row location */ USHORT Column; /* Starting column location */ HVIO VioHandle; /* Video handle */ USHORT rc; /* return code */
EXTRN VioReadCellStr:FAR INCL_VIO EQU 1 PUSH@ OTHER CellStr ;Cell string buffer PUSH@ WORD Length ;Length of cell string buffer PUSH WORD Row ;Starting row location PUSH WORD Column ;Starting column location PUSH WORD VioHandle ;Video handle CALL VioReadCellStr Returns WORD
Text based on http://www.edm2.com/index.php/VioReadCellStr_(FAPI)