How to load and execute os/2 LX files?

Control program API, resides in DOSCALLS.DLL
Post Reply
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1925
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:23 am
firstname: osFree
lastname: admin

How to load and execute os/2 LX files?

Post by admin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:20 am

Viking

Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Posts: 42
Location: Sweden
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:39 am

I was testing a bit to read in an LX file and I'm not sure how to proceed after I have read in the header
(LX header, the one after the dos stub header).

How to handle relocations in the exe?

This is only testprogram right now. And how to set upp the registers for a LX program. Let's say with a
simple "Hello World" program.

I have looked in the inf-files, such as omf.inf, lx.txt etc. But it's very compressed reading and I would
like some simple examples to look at. Does anyone know some good links?

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1925
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:23 am
firstname: osFree
lastname: admin

Re: How to load and execute os/2 LX files?

Post by admin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 am

osfadmin

Site Admin

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Posts: 60
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:26 pm
Viking wrote: I was testing a bit to read in an LX file and I'm not sure how to proceed after I have read in the header
(LX header, the one after the dos stub header).

How to handle relocations in the exe?

This is only testprogram right now. And how to set upp the registers for a LX program. Let's say with a
simple "Hello World" program.

I have looked in the inf-files, such as omf.inf, lx.txt etc. But it's very compressed reading and I would
like some simple examples to look at. Does anyone know some good links?
Check this sources http://dos32a.narechk.net/

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1925
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:23 am
firstname: osFree
lastname: admin

Re: How to load and execute os/2 LX files?

Post by admin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:25 am

Viking

Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Posts: 42
Location: Sweden
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:53 am
osfadmin wrote:
Viking wrote: I was testing a bit to read in an LX file and I'm not sure how to proceed after I have read in the header
(LX header, the one after the dos stub header).

How to handle relocations in the exe?

This is only testprogram right now. And how to set upp the registers for a LX program. Let's say with a
simple "Hello World" program.

I have looked in the inf-files, such as omf.inf, lx.txt etc. But it's very compressed reading and I would
like some simple examples to look at. Does anyone know some good links?
Check this sources http://dos32a.narechk.net/
Thanks. That's going to be helpful. Strange how a DOS-extender can use LX files, anyway. It's a bit hard
to read (only assembler), but it's better than just the "raw" spec files on LX.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1925
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:23 am
firstname: osFree
lastname: admin

Re: How to load and execute os/2 LX files?

Post by admin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:28 am

osfadmin

Site Admin

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Posts: 60
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:08 pm
Viking wrote:
osfadmin wrote:
Viking wrote: I was testing a bit to read in an LX file and I'm not sure how to proceed after I have read in the header
(LX header, the one after the dos stub header).

How to handle relocations in the exe?

This is only testprogram right now. And how to set upp the registers for a LX program. Let's say with a
simple "Hello World" program.

I have looked in the inf-files, such as omf.inf, lx.txt etc. But it's very compressed reading and I would
like some simple examples to look at. Does anyone know some good links?
Check this sources http://dos32a.narechk.net/
Thanks. That's going to be helpful. Strange how a DOS-extender can use LX files, anyway. It's a bit hard
to read (only asssebler), but it's better than just the "raw" spec files on LX.
Heh. LX is just format. You can store code in any (or most) format you want. Only code determine
execution environment.

Post Reply